Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Daffodil

Twilight - it's that quiet time between night and day where something in me tells me that I should be still and take some time to reflect especially when I find myself responding with the utmost weariness to my children. I probably should have taken more than a few minutes to stop after driving my boy to one of his friend's but I felt it was all I could take. There were items on my "to do" list that still weren't done and just the thought of trying to tackle them all with so few hours left in the day had me in a funk. I pulled up to the water with my camera hoping to see something, anything, to lift my tired spirit. And there it was. A daffodil where there shouldn't have been one. I wasn't strolling in a garden. I was standing on matted down reeds looking out at a lot of uninspired blue. That happy yellow face seemed all out of place in that brown, unattractive, swampy area. I don't know how it got there but I'm sure it was there for me. "Just bloom where you find yourself," it was saying, "even if it's a place where few people will come. One weary traveler might chance your way and see your happy face in the most unexpected place and it just might make her day." Sometimes I wonder why I am where I am, such an out of the way sort of place. Who knows? Maybe one day someone will want to take a picture of me just like I did of that special lonely daffodil.

No comments:

Post a Comment