Thursday, May 20, 2010

Blue Eyed Grass



Some days I wish I could travel more than I do. I long to see the sun rise on a different landscape than the one I'm used to. I want to smell scents and hear sounds that are completely foreign to me. Since traveling for the time being is out of the question, I've decided to enjoy, REALLY enjoy, the surroundings I find myself in. I may only have a couple of minutes a day and may not get any farther than my own back yard but I'm choosing to relish those minutes and to open my eyes to the wonders that I'm sure are lurking right under my nose. I'm rarely disappointed.

Today I spotted these diminutive perennials for the first time. They're called blue eyed grass. Those tiny pricks of purple-blue dotting the meadow just steps from my back door made for a quick but satisfying photo op.

No comments:

Post a Comment